You are here
Newsletter Autumn 2011
New version of FromDual's Performance Monitor for MySQL (MPM) v0.7.2 is out
Dear MySQL User,
The Performance Monitor for MySQL is an agent which is hooked into the agent of the well known Monitoring solution called Zabbix. Zabbix is an integrated Enterprise Monitoring solution which can produce performance graphs and alerting.
The changes in the new release are:
- A new module for Galera was added (mainly Galera 0.8).
- A new module for the MySQL Performance Monitor (mpm) was added.
- Information about InnoDB Row Locking was added (status and graph).
- Some MySQL variables were added for monitoring (customer request).
- Triggers for some of those MySQL variables are implemented (customer request).
- MPM agent hook (
FromDual.MySQL.check) was moved from the
mysqlmodule to the
mpmmodule. To call the MPM agent you have to run the
mpmmodule only once per monitored server (computer).
- Path to the MPM agent libraries is not hard coded anymore but follows
$basedir/libnow. The MPM can now be located anywhere... (customer request)
- The MPM cache file is now configurable.
- The MPM agent is prepared for Deadlock and Foreign Key Error detection (customer request).
- Name collision in the
servermodule fixed (customer bug report).
- Old style basename code replace by new Perl style.
- Security fix in the MPM agent (password is no longer displayed in the log file).
- Some fixes in different XML templates.
- Some fixes in the
- Some fixes in the MPM agent.
If you want to stay tuned to our information, follow our Tweets on Twitter.
We would love to hear about your feedback.
Your FromDual Team